Saturday, March 31, 2007

Gullible is on the ceiling

I feel sad in a way, to feel inclined to post on a fellow teenager, who is of less importance as me. Richard Denton was a developer on what might have been the fourth incarnation (I haven't kept track) of a try at a 2D Ocarina of Time. According to posts which are everywhere, Richard Denton is a dead man, killed by a car crash. In the original post on the OOT2D site, which I do believe is still up, it says that Richard Denton died in a car crash. Later posts forums that relate to his death, say that he was hit by a car, while he was walking. They post these comments only after somebody ingeniously remembers that 15 year olds can't drive in Australia. The first assumption of those who read his now defunct website seems to be to think that this car crash involved both Richard Denton's car, and another oncoming car. It seems like his parents would think to clear that up on the site, but no, it is still quite vague. They seemed more obsessed with strange romanticized particulars.

But this is mere word play. It is quite questionable when a person has been working on a project since he was 10, and yet when he dies at the age of 15, his parents take the project off the internet, as his last wish. The parents also decided to block all people who asked about OOT2D off of the hosting message board provider, along with making it so people can't read any of the last posts, or look at peoples profiles. Why is that? I don't know, but the last time Richard was online on the forum.. was, hm let me think here.. after he was supposedly dead. Not only that, but the car that hit him supposedly slipped because it was wet, but there was no rain for the past couple days or so in Melbourne. Thirdly, the last thing he did before he died was tell his gf that he loved her, sounds to cinematic. Fourthly, the kid had been promising to come out with the game since a few years or so ago, but he did not even have much of a demo out so far. Fifthly, there are no records of him in any obituaries as of yet. Sixthly, no actual credible news posts, not even local. Seventhly, when people point out the fact that if he died he should just want it to be finished in honor of all of his effort,not stopped, somebody, who has had an account for half a year, but never dug anything, let alone left a comment, leaves a comment saying that hes friends with Richard, and that the parents would have released it to the open but the JAR file was encrypted. Not only are Jar file encryptions easy to break, but he would have no reason to put his game in an encrypted JAR file. This just questions further any excuse that could be made up for somebody being on his account after he was already dead. If he went out of his way to encrypt his game.. then his own account should be hard to get on. Eighthly, people who are well known on message boards as knowledgeable and also live in Melbourne Australia, reportedly know Richard and have talked to him recently, finding that he was just trying to get out of all of the pressure around finishing his work. I'm too lazy right now, but later I will post proof of what I have to say.

EDIT: Some Proof here http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dampemv1.jpg
Also, seems like the general public can't be tricked that easily, this blatant lie was also written about by a different blogger, dated a day later than my post. Although it was emmediatly dugg, it took until April 4 for it to get popular enough to reach my google homepage links to digg.
http://squidnews.com/2007/04/01/dampes-not-dead-ocarina-of-time-2d-creator-fakes-his-death/
I'm jealous.. Why should his post get so much publicity? I feel scammed, especially when I had more facts about the incident upon first posting, with my first posting also being before his first.. hm.. and I never thought my blog of much merit. I am now a cocky bitch.

SECOND EDIT: As soon as I post on the his blog about how I won... the dig article linking to it, leaves digg's front page. Conspiracy theories bounce around in my head.. I guess there must be no way to stick it to the man. :( I guess I'll just quit then..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, boi. It's me, Trent, if you can't tell. Visit my blog. maybe you will like it. I am currently working on a story about a simple carbohydrate referred to as flux. He is made fun of by all of the complex carbohydrates because he is so simple.

Anonymous said...

Come on, stupid. Read my blog already.